Milford Haven is a town and community in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It is situated on the north side of the Milford Haven Waterway, an estuary forming a natural harbour that has been used as a port since the Middle Ages. Founded in 1790 by Sir William Hamilton, designed to a grid pattern, it was originally intended to be a whaling centre, however by 1800 it was developing as a Royal Navy dockyard which it remained until the dockyard was transferred to Pembroke in 1814. It then became a commercial dock, with the focus moving in the 1960s, after the construction of an oil refinery built by Essos. By 2010, the town’s port had become the fourth largest in the United Kingdom in terms of tonnage, and continues its important role in the United Kingdom’s energy sector with several oil refineries and one of the biggest LNG terminals in the world.
The centre has served the local community for more than six decades. It has been the perfect venue for many large events and has hosted several band nights.
On the upper floor there is a large room suitable for meetings and small functions. This room can comfortable hold up to 100 people. There is also a kitchen on this floor with a serving hatch opening onto the function room. Both the main hall and the upper floor share a large entrance hall. A slope leads up the side of the building providing access for disabled people to park. The hall also has a baby changing room